Thursday, May 13, 2010

God is good! Road trip

I don't know what else to say except for this trip is turning out to be completely amazing! Every unplanned road, town, people we come in contact with or happen upon has been completely perfect and completely from God. After waking up in Sturbridge (the Yogi Bear Park there), we wanted to see the town and it was really cute.. anyways, we decided to go further (I don't even know why because there was nothing else there) but we decided to go to this yard sale and the woman we talked to asked if we were here for the Brimfield Antique Show and we asked what it was and she told us it's the biggest antique/flee market in the United States. It's national, people all over the country go to this "thing" we just happened to stumble upon.. (and I know that national means people all over go to it, I just felt like it needed to be re- iterated) It was HUGE, I don't even know how many miles it went down alone but on both sides, it wasn't just a line of tents, there were lines from there too! Anyways, it was awesome and I ended up getting a ring! It's like my "hear of the ocean ring" I lost last year (it was plastic) except this one was metal. :) I love it... I do have to use a gum wrapper to wrap around it for right now because it's a bit big.

After that we went to YALE UNIVERSITY! New Haven is BEAUTIFUL and I just really love New England! We saw so much of the campus, the library, academic buildings, RESIDENCE HALLS... yeah! ... There was a guy that swiped his card when we were walking by and I walked in and mom reluctantly came after. Being that it was also the end of school for them, they had donations outside the halls and what is the only option for me to do but go through them!? I was in heaven; I got really neat clothes and a book and mirror. Mom got this vase that was originally $30 or so. It was just amazing! Only God could have put us there at the right time and not only that but we went on the other side (Yale's Residence Halls have courtyards .. OH and the buildings are gorgeous) and there was a dorm that was open so I got to see the rooms and they were really nice. They definitely weren't like anything you would see at Ball State!

We got internet connection at a local Panera Bread and we decided we were going to go to Providence, Rhode Island and I wanted to get on the road that night because it was going to be nice the next day (today), so I drove to Rhode Island which was going to be 1 hr. 40 min. Mom saw some camping along the way but I wanted to get more driving done than that and when we got to Providence, of course, there wasn't any camping so we decided to go on for a bit. We ended up just staying at a rest stop and got up the next morning and mom wanted a shower. We saw an exit that had camping so we got off and the people who own this park are friends of my grandparents and we've actually met them!!! We actually got a free night stay! This park, Normandy Farms, is just SO nice and we got to talk to the Daniels (the owners) who are just sooo nice. We went shopping and then just relaxed (ran some) the rest of the day. OH, i got my hair done; it's darker now. :)
Now i'm up at their very, very, very nice lodge charging everything I have that can be charged! It's almost going to close though and me and mom are now going to watch a movie on my laptop.
God is good!!!! No way could this road trip be work out as perfectly as it has if he wasn't in it.

1 comment:

  1. hey rachael! just letting you know that you won my peter pan collar giveaway.. email me at bloomingleopold@gmail.com with your address so I can send you your denim collar!

    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete